Re: gEDA-user: Re: Flame about XML

What we need from you folks, the users, is a description of what
functionality you need and why,

The wiki at http://geda.seul.org/wiki/ is a good place for this right?

Would Design Flows be a good heading? Or... Functionality we Want from gschem and PCB and gnetlist?

Or something else?

 Design Flows w/o embedded XML

Design Flows w/ XML plugins...

No XML allowed....

John Griessen

How about: Features, Functionality, the Future.

I would like to see a CVS/Subversion library that holds symbols and footprints by manufacturer and/or part number. And some sort of sanity check to verify the symbol and the footprint (something like Eagle but maybe not as strict).

Ryan