Re: [Computerbank] Linux distribution standardisation

On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 16:55, Tony Joblin wrote:

> the moment. Choosing an easier system where we are less dependent on guru
> experts is a good thing. Given the size of the RH vs Debian user base it also
> means that we are more likely to encounter volunteers with RH knowledge
> rather than Debian knowledge, this could also have training implications for
> us down the track.

You can train a RedHat user on Debian in about about 10 minutes. Debian
is simple to administer, maintain and update even across multiple
hardware architectures (Intel / Sun / Apple etc etc). It is an
administrators dream as it is consistant, coherant and simply managed.
To deploy any other operating system is to create a logistical headache
for yourself down the track.

I highly recommend that for you and your clients sake, you take the
Debian road.

--

Cheers,
      Craige.