Re: [Computerbank] Linux distribution standardisation

I don't think we should underestimate this "easier to install" factor. Seeing
as installing operating systems and software is one of Computerbanks core
functions I think anything that makes our job easier is a good thing. Also
anything that makes it easier to train our volunteers to use is also a good
thing. Anything that makes it easier for the recipients to use etc is also a
good thing.

Its been a while since I ran Debian, but the last time I did a comparison I
found RH much easier to install. I don't know what the state of play is at
the moment. Choosing an easier system where we are less dependent on guru
experts is a good thing. Given the size of the RH vs Debian user base it also
means that we are more likely to encounter volunteers with RH knowledge
rather than Debian knowledge, this could also have training implications for
us down the track.

--
Tony Joblin
Convenor Computerbank Queensland