Re: Terrain info

On 09.07.2005 15:23, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> I gave it a try. The terrain is highlighted by overlaying the standard
> cursor and the "subwindows" are kind of connected. I used different font
> because I couldn't make the Bepa font become bold :-).

I think that's a good start. A couple of observations:

* using the cursor image is probably not a good ide since it suggests
  it's clickable in some way

* the connecting part looks a bit odd, but we may need a properly
  gifted person to fix that ;-)

* we don't need terrain names. They would just cause (unnecessary)
  work for translators

* it would be nice if we had icons instead of labels for the numbers

* the "terrain panel" only contains the "major" terrain types.
  What do we do if the unit is on different terrain?

* one question this solution still doesn't answer is "Can this
  unit walk on that hex?" unless the hex is one of the major types
  or the unit is already standing on it.

Jens