Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU architecture...

Hi F-gang,

Yann Guidon wrote:

There are countless people with revolutionary ideas and unbeatable arguments
about why everybody should follow. I am among those wide open mouths
and this behaviour has taken me to my current, difficult position as one of the project's critical men.

Well, you have my full support wrt that.

[...]
And most people miss the real point : FC0 is not groundbreaking because
it is "new", "better than others", "faster" or "sexier". It is because IT IS FREE.

Amen.

[...]
Another point is that there is already a lot of work done.
F-CPU has spent a lot of time in the middle of nowhere
because each "new great idea" required everything to be
rebuilt from zero, which is definitely stupid and a loss of work
and waste of time.

Depends on the idea. But most people don't seem to understand the implications of their ideas. At least they should realize that an idea needs to be *implementable* within the current framework - that is, FC0. If not, fine - put it on the wish list for FC<n+1> and then return to F-CPU reality.

[...]
I don't want to sound harsh or impolite, i just want to reinject some
sense of reality in the *whole* mailing list.

Hasn't that been lost long ago?

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <michael@xxxxxxxx>