Re: gEDA-user: Error message when creating a SUBCKT

ok,

So if I have correctly understood, the symbol provided with gEDA are designed to do PCB, not simulation.

In case of simulation, it's simpler to have symbol with all pins (power included), in to order to netlist correctly.

I will check with a custom symbol with power pin and I reply to you about the result.

Thanks for your help.

Ludovic

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 15:59 -0400, John Doty wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2008, at 3:32 PM, John Doty wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I wonder if the problem is the hidden power pins,
>
> I note that it there is no mechanism to tell gnetlist what subcircuit
> pin a hidden net should attach to.

You are correct. Remove the hidden power pins, and the warnings go away.
A little debugging code I added to gnetlist confirmed that these pins
are being passed as "unknown" into the C function behind "get-nets".

The netlist output is "correct" (by some definition of correct) though,
in both cases. However.. perhaps your model for that gate wants power
pins passing to it...

Best make up a custom symbol.

> Again, it is strange to use a symbol designed for slotted printed
> circuit layout in a SPICE simulation.

+1.

--
Peter Clifton