Re: gEDA-user: Halp! PCB crashing on my design

Eric Brombaugh wrote:
> Eric Brombaugh wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to get logged into the sourceforge CVS server
>> for a while now but it seems to be hung (just sits waiting after I hit
>> <cr> for the PW prompt). I'll try again later tonight.
>
> That's solved - the README.cvs document appears to be out of date and is
> giving incorrect checkout information (the server name is wrong).
> Instead, use the information on the PCB CVS information page.

I just fixed the README.cvs document to have the right server name.

> Built from CVS OK after installing intltool & gettext-devel. Note that
> building bombs out on documentation due to lack of some files:
>
> pcb.texi:4293: warning: @image file `pad.txt' (for text) unreadable: No
> such file or directory.
> /home/ericb/build/pcb/pcb/doc//actions.texi:1509: warning: @image file
> `puller.txt' (for text) unreadable: No such file or directory.
> pcb.texi:5819: warning: @image file `thermal.txt' (for text) unreadable:
> No such file or directory.

Yep.  When building from cvs, you need either --enable-maintainer-mode
or --disable-docs.  Thats covered in README.cvs.  This headache is the
price we're paying for allowing users building from a tarball to not
need latex for building documentation.

-Dan