Re: gEDA-user: Halp! PCB crashing on my design

DJ Delorie wrote:
> Quick notes:
>
> One big rectangle is better than five overlapping rectangles.

Indeed - that's what I'd prefer too. My experience with 20080202 however
was that one big rectangle had a tendency to fill incorrectly and leave
large gaps. Multiple overlapping rectangles were my answer to that. Now
with the CVS version I see that one big rectangle works correctly, so
that's what I'll do from here-on out. Of course now I need to figure out
how to get my Mac OS X Fink installation of PCB updated to be in sync
with CVS.

> I don't know how, but you have two groups containing the "component"
> side, and two containing the solder side:
>
>       Groups("1,2,3,s:4,5,6,c:s:c")
>
> The last :s:c should be :7:8

Interesting. I believe that this grouping came from the default
generated by gsch2pcb that 'ships' with the 20080202 rpm from fedora.
Can I fix it simply by editing the 'Groups' block in the .pcb file?

Thanks for checking! It seems that I've acquired a lot of bad habits
from to the rpm version...

Eric