Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

> > But "property" is such a nice, clean, simple building block.  Why
> > pollute it by adding more functionality and making it more complex?
>
> Because then you can extend the concept without limit. It's like
> "function" in mathematics. You can construct functions from
> functions. But if such constructs were no longer functions, you'd
> get stuck.

To abuse your analogy, our properties is like "constants" in
mathematics.  Classes would be "functions".

A property is like "width = 5" or "impedance = 50".  A class is a
collection of properties, which could include a collection of classes
or whatnot also.  Creating a single object that has to act as both a
name-value pair *and* an arbitrary container is not a good idea.