Re: gEDA-user: Creating bill of materials?

DJ Delorie wrote:

>> I think the concept of import/exporting into a spreadsheet program
>> is an approach worthy of consideration as well.
>
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/sch2csv
> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/csv2sch

Sure, comma separated lists can be imported in virtually any spread
sheet application. But this import is still a bit of a hassle. You have
to go through a number of very general import dialogs. Also, these
scripts are not (yet?) part of PCB. So they are not easily discovarable.

To be really useful, export/import should be a single action from
the GUI. Much like import schematics.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak