Re: gEDA-user: Creating bill of materials?

I agree with Delorie. I also was only making slow progress with gattrib. I found the copy and paist functionality limited and strange. I also was confronted with the add column bug. If I remember correctly it corrupted my files when it shifted the properties from one heading to the next. That is why I started exporting to a oocalc. Then I was able to get a lot more work done as oocalc is a refined product. I hadn't found the sch2csv or csv2sch scripts at that time and thus made my own version called gattrib_csv. Not only have I been able to edit the properties en-mass, but I have also been able to import data generated by other users provided as xls files. I now use the one and the same tool to generate the bill of materials for the project as I do to edit the properties.

http://public.laserlinc.com/Joshua/gattrib_csv.java
compiled by
gcj  --main=gattrib_csv -o gattrib_csv gattrib_csv.java