Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:57:33 -0700
Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:50:25AM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> >  I like the color swatch and how it shows a small
> > rectangle of the layer color when the layer is hidden; if this
> > swatch were the show/hide toggle, that would be very slick.
>
> That is how I would like it to work. But clicking the swatch
> also selects the layer, which is undesirable behavior. There
> is no clean way to prevent this with a GtkTreeView widget.

It doesn't sound like a âtree viewâ is the most appropriate concept for
the layer list.  There is no apparent visual hierarchy.  I am not
familiar with GTK, but is there another widget that would be more
suitable?  E.g., table, list, general scrollable canvas with custom
widgets stacked vertically?

Regards,
Colin