Re: gEDA-user: Creating bill of materials?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:05:30 -0400
John Hudak <jjhudak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, this causes me to ask the question: Why hasen't gattrib been
> removed from:http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gaf ???? as well as any
> other instances?
>
> While the concept is good, the implementation is worthless, and
> apparently has been 'around' with the same sort of problems since
> 2006.

I agree gattrib is really poorly implemented.  However, I still find it
*extremely* useful to quickly enter (or even just examine) âvalueâ or
âfootprintâ attributes for many schematic components at once.

Importing a CSV into a spreadsheet program to edit it and re-export
back to CSV to import to gschem sounds like a big pain in the derriÃre.

Generally all I need is a really simple table to edit some values, and
it should only take a single step to access.

Regards,
Colin