Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

Colin D Bennett wrote:

> I really dislike the double-click idea.  I often need to quickly
> enable/disable visibility of multiple layers,

Nothing beats accel-keys for fast actions. In this case [ctrl-N] or
[shift-N] would be the natural choice.

> and the last thing I need is to have to double-click each button.

A double click is a single action to me.
If you don't like double clicks, how about [control-click]?

> I would much prefer a small region on the button (or next to the
> button) that controls active/inactive.

Seems, our preference differs in this aspect. I'd rather not target
small areas for quick, fast actions. This is what we have now with
the toggle buttons. And I tend to mis-click every once in a while.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx