Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> I like KMK's
>>    click/double-click idea if possible.
>
> Very possible. But you would still be unable to toggle visibility
> independent of selection using the mouse.

Why is this so? Are double clicked items automatically selected
in GTK widgets?

> How important is this to people?

Quite important. When working with four layer layouts I often
need to toggle visibility of layers while I keep working one
of the inner layers.

> It bothers me, but only because there is no keyboard
> shortcut in Gtk for toggling visibility.

I'd prefer to have both: Mouse click action and keyboard accels.

> My plan is that you can still toggle visibility by <Shift>-num,
> without changing the active layer.
>
> The problem with this, of course, is that it will only work with
> the first 10 layers..

[ctrl-num] to select 11 to 20, [shift-ctrl-num] to toggle visibility.
[alt-num] to select 21 to 30, [shift-ctrl-num] to toggle visibility.
[alt-ctrl-num] to select 31 to 40, [shift-alt-ctrl-num] for visibility ;-)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx