Re: gEDA-user: Commandline option --menu-file

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> The gtk gui needs to be completely revamped. There are many individual
> things to be done, but we don't have enough developers to get to them
> all soon.

If the number of active devs is the reason for stagnation, then a
plan to foster future developer generations should be a priority.
Any activity in that direction?

IMHO, positive feedback is the one, most influetial aspect. After all,
contributers don't do it for any material profit. Getting patches
into geda projects as a user prooved to be a steep uphill battle in
the past. Patches were rotting in the BTS until they did not apply
gracefully anymore. Has this changed significantly?

Regardings the GUI: Are there were clearly formulated goals somewhere
on the webpage? Goal, that need not be discussesd if someone comes
up with a patch. If there, is it properly linked to? I for one would
not invest days or weeks of spare time if I have reason to believe
that the devs are happy with the current state of the GUI.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx