Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

DJ Delorie wrote:

>> And another one: does gschem fully grasp the "2-in" concept with
>> swapable pins ?
>
> Not directly.  I've built parts with "slots" for various input pin
> permutations.
>
>> All gschem and pcb have in common is the refdes, pin info and
>> connectivity.
>
> Yup.  But they, as tools, wouldn't be useful to us if that was all
> they *could* deal with.

So, commanding slot changes could be all that is needed for pin swapping.
For a FPGA, there wold be so many slots, one might do best just running a
search for the other slot with the same two pin numbers in it.  Creating
a working FPGA slotted symbol would be a job for a program, not a person...

Steve?

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX