Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

Dave N6NZ <n6nz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dan McMahill wrote:
>> Steve Meier wrote:
>>> There would be a ten million part library for resisters if you rrestrict
>>> yourself to a flat file format that limits the expression of the data so
>>> that it can't capture "natural regularities of that universe of components "
>>

>> well, the way I often times see this handled in big companies is there
>> are internal part numbers.
>>
> Big companies, small companies, and me myself in my garage.  Having been
> pickled in that process over the years, I've come to see it's value.  I
> made myself a small mySQL database that cross-references "my" part
> number to manufacturer part numbers, and manufacturer part numbers to
> Digi-Key and Mouser part numbers.  It sounds like a lot of work, but it
> really does save time in the end.  So I attach my part number as an
> attribute, and generate my kit lists using a dim-witted C program and mySQL.

I did the same in the summer. Could you send me your code, maybe we could
merge the two database system, and have just one better.

Thanks.

BTW.. my system can be found here:

http://logonex.eu/phpmyadmin/index.php

user: guest
no password.

After login, select the component database.

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs