Re: gEDA-user: how to select components st they move wires in pcb?

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 10:37:57AM -0900, Britton Kerin wrote:

> This is a sort of stupid question, but I remember last time I used pcb I
> was somehow able to select components st they became outlined in red

The option you want is 'rubberband mode' which is one of the menu checkbox
options.  However, if you are clicking once (to select) then clicking and
dragging (to move) you will never get rubberband lines, because they don't
work when you move a selection.  You need to start with nothing selected
and then click+drag.  It doesn't seem like it would matter with only one
item selected, but internally the operations are vastly different.

Make sure you have a recent version of PCB because I fixed some rubberband
bugs in the last month or so.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>