Re: gEDA-user: FUNDING (was: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB)

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:27 AM,  <asomers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about a Kickstarter project for the toporouter?  Let Anthony make
> a proposal and put it on www.kickstarter.com, and then gEDA users can
> pledge donations.  If it raises enough money by graduation (or
> whatever other deadline), then we all fund Anthony to work on it.  If
> we don't raise enough, then nobody gets charged, the toporouter
> languishes, and Anthony has to get a real job like (some of) the rest
> of us.

If we can raise enough for Anthony to get the toporouter working well
(say to the point where it's working better than the existing
autorouter for 2L and 4L boards), let's do it.
Count me in for $4K.
Anthony, how much funding would you need to get the toporouter working well ?