Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

> Did you try to build/test all the demos that come with wxWindows - did you
> try to build another app, that uses it? - please report. My personal impression
> when I went for a widget tool kit was, that it's very complicated and broken.

I've been using wxWidgets for over ten years now.  You'll even find my name in
the wxBook http://www.phptr.com/content/images/0131473816/downloads/0131473816_book.pdf
so I'm well familiar with its warts.

All of the commercial apps I've had to develop at work have been based on wx.

Can't argue with it being complicated.  Start with the above book, and
get the 'minimal' sample to build/run then go from there.
Can't argue that it could be improved in many places, but what can't
stand improvement?

What part did you find that was broken, and what version where you using?

> My best advice is, to avoid wxWindows altogether and use FLTK instead.

Is it cross platform for Windows, Unix like, and MACs?
I've used some applications based on FLTK but never developed any.

> #define FOREVER 1e20

Code full of 'magic numbers' with no comments don't give me the warm fuzzies.
It should also have parenthesise around the number, if this is truly C
and not something special to FLTK.