Re: gEDA-user: overlapping via changes

kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Armin Faltl wrote:
>
>> you suggest it's good for something - what for?
>
> Mechanics. These deviant holes may be used to solder the pcb
> to a brass rod.
>
> Anyway, I don't know what use some rocket scientist may find
> for overlapping holes. PCB can do it, some fabs do it. So it
> should be documented.

Rocket Scientist need to qualify everything that is even marginally
unusual, over full temperature range, and mechanical loads, in vacuum.
That will cost a thick branch of some big tree (10kg paperwork).

Rocket science is the last place where you'll find those holes, if they
can be avoided in any way :-)

--
Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-85660
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508