Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Wikibook ?

John Coppens wrote:

>> I know that a wiki book may have some advantages in the
>> collaboration of making. But why not a real book, that
>> is written in LaTeX?
>
> When thinking bout documentation, please do take into
> account the effort being done by people line Shaun McCance,
> to create a new help format for gnome.

I have to agree with timecop on this issue: The problem that
needs to be solved, is not connected to the file format. It
about finding authors. This is the big benefit of the wikibook
concept. The entry barrier is as low as it can possibly get.
Contribution is allowed to literally everyone. Click on the
edit button and go ahead. Not even login with a fake name
necessary. Wikimedia provides an environment where this
approach works.

---<)kaimartin(>--
--
Kai-Martin Knaak