Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Wikibook ?

Bob Paddock wrote:

> How will a human from the Book project know what is and what is not
> spam in an esoteric area like gEDA/PCB?

Some of the authors _with_ background will keep an eye on it.
And no, these author are not necessarily "us". That's the whole
point of the operation: Get more people into the boat!

> It would not be hard for someone, with no background, to mistake a
> link to gedasymbols.org as spam link.

This would be a false positive. What you worried about above is spam
passing undetected.

> If the humans are us, we still don't need more spam.

Again: The wikimedia environment is proven to work. There are
several mechanisms that work in concert to provide clean content.
Yes, there is no guarantee, but it works. This is similar to
linux being free of viruses. The system is not immune per se.
But the defense is strong enough to not let the pest crop up.

>> Yes, this works. Did you ever notice any spam on wikipedia?
>> I never did and I use wikipedia a lot. No commercials, either.
>
> Have you noticed the recent begging for funds on WikiPedia?

Nagging for their own project is no where near to general
advertisement. It is not a recent change, either. Every year
since 2005 the foundation goes fund raising.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: