Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

Den 2010-12-31 16:31:42 skrev Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

No.  That's the wrong conclusion.

Well, we'll see what will happen. I am still not 100% sure how to
create symbols in the first place, so I guess things will move very
slowly to  begin withâ

Maybe your time is better invested by using a small FPGA for whatever
you want to build, and learn Verilog to express the logic.

Hmâ searched the web a bit for Verilog and FPGA, so now I know a little (very little) about it, at least. Seems like I already have a Verilog compiler installed on my system (iverilog) and there are manpages for it. Not sure, however, how to connect the FPGA thing to my computer to program it (I'm on Ubuntu 10.10). What do I need to do that? Not that I intend to do it at the moment, just curious.

Depends how much fun can have from learning such stuff.  A deadline does
not seem to be your problem.

Well, learning is always fun, but there is so much else I want to do that is closer to my main interest (as a musician and ârecording engineerâ) so even if there is no deadline, I can't spend all my time on it anyway. And I have a wifeâ :D

(It should be possible to draw a gschem schematic, export a verilog
netlist and upload that to the FPGA too, for parts of the circuit you
feel more comfortable, but then you'd need to do both, symbols and
Verilog :-)

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg