Re: gEDA-user: Building subcircuits in gschem and pcb possible?

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 18:54, Charles Lepple wrote:

> Let's say you want two H-bridges, H1 and H2, with transistors Q1-Q4.
> The "upper-left" transistor in each H-bridge, for instance, might be
> "H1/Q1" in H1, and "H2/Q1" in H2.

The problem with that is that it's a real pain for high-density SMT work -- it
makes the silkscreen pretty much illegible. I wrote an Python application for
processing gnetlist output to flatten the heirachy while guaranteeing unique
component numbering, but unfortunately my place of work didn't let me GPL it,
I'm afraid.

If anyone's interested, I'll contact them and see if they're prepared to
change their minds...

Peter

--
Quake II build tools: http://peter-b.co.uk/

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com