Re: gEDA-user: Why use gEDA?

> I'll throw that in as another wart -- there are lots of tools that
> are important to the geda toolsuite that are scattered to the four
> winds.

We created gedasymbols.org to collect user-generated add-ons (mostly
part symbols and footprints) from the community, with the expectation
that the popular ones could be migrated into the official
distributions at some point.

Accounts on gedasymbols are easy to get (just ask me) and updating is
easy to do (it's plain cvs), so we encourage people to contribute.

> Even my own recent work on PCB plugins will probably go unnoticed by
> most.  And the only other plugin I've even seen is teardrops.c.

The plugin interface is very new.  I've only written teardrops and
renumberblock so far, myself.