Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:52:31 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > There's still a netlist file, it's just your new pcb isn't using it,
> > right?
>
> The old way was that gsch2pcb would directly edit the *.pcb file, and
> produce a separate netlist and pin naming script, both of which had to
> be manually imported into pcb after reloading the new pcb file.
>
> The new way, all the update information is in one file, which pcb can
> generate and read all in one step.  You can still generate a plain
> netlist file if you want, but pcb's "import" won't use it.

I've wanted a feature like this for a while, so out of curiosity, I pulled
from GIT using the command given on http://pcb.gpleda.org/obtaining.html .  I
don't see an import option anywhere in PCB, but I'm not sure if what I pulled
is HEAD or a sub-branch.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."