Re: gEDA-user: Translations for gEDA 1.6.1.... (ROOT MENU ACCELERATORS)

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 20:31 +0100, Carlos Nieves Ãnega wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I was preparing the spanish translation, and found that (with gschem in
> spanish) I can't access to the menu with Alt+letter. For example, Alt+F
> and get to the gschem File menu.
>
> I checked this in the .po file, and there is a "File" instead of "_File"
> string.

As I deemed it to be a bug in translatability (perhaps a stretch), I've
cherry picked this fix onto stable-1.6.

As I didn't want the effect of changing the root-menu msgid strings to
be breaking existing translations, I've updated all existing gschem
translations.

For languages where I could manage it, e.g. en_GB and de, I've updated
all the accelerator translations.

For non-latin script translations, I've left them as was, no
accelerators.

For other languages - I kept the existing accelerators if the majority
of the menus could support that. (e.g. Many languages had the menu
titles beginning with the same letters.) In cases which didn't work,
I've left the accelerators off - leaving a full set of accelerators for
the language translators to provide.

Since I've edited the translations, they won't come up as fuzzy or
untranslated - so they might get missed. I'm proposing, that when I
merge the translations back to git HEAD, I will re-fuzzy those menus
titles which haven't been either a) completed by me, or b) Touched by
their language's translator.

If anyone sees merge conflicts with their work-in-progress translations,
contact me off-list, or on geda-dev to chat through using msgcat and
msgmerge to fix it.

Best wishes,

Peter C.