Re: gEDA-user: GUI + make project manager

Duncan Drennan wrote:
Here is my idea of how it could work....

I have a skeleton Makefile which I use as the glue between the various
gEDA programmes (attached). It is a really basic thing as I am not
particularly clued up on the use of make, but it functions well for my
purposes. If it could be useful I'm happy to put the GPL boilerplate
onto it (although that might not be the best choice).

Thanks for thinking about this and sharing your make file -- I need more clues about make too!

If there was a mechanism to call the file from within a schematic
(gschem) it could do a lot of what people are asking for, as well as
be modified and extended to do all the particular tasks that may be
needed for specific situations.

I know there's a system for this in pcb, but I've not dug into gschem to know
what the situation with changing its menus is.

Peter?

John Griessen