Re: gEDA-user: any last minute advice prior to sending out for PCB fab

   Fiducials and Keepouts --
   The last mfg I dealt with recommended that the fiducial be
   a copper circle with a diameter between 0.5mm and 3.5mm and
   that the solder mask diameter be three times larger than the
   copper. I made a single 1mm pad footprint with
   the 3mm clearance. IIRC the requested placement was three corners
   and 3mm from the edge.
   There were also component fiducials required for fine pitch devices.
   I do not recall the specifications since they didn't apply to the
   boards I was doing.
   They also specified a minimum keepout of 118mils for their
   Fuji machine and 125mils for their ATE. I made the keepout
   125mils on all sides.
   (* jcl *)
   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   twitter: [1]http://twitter.com/jluciani