Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On 02/24/2011 06:35 PM, Colin D Bennett wrote:
I agree that color does not belong in the layout file.  I may keep
changing my preferences on my pcb color theme, but I don't want to
update all my layout files to take advantage of an updated color theme
-- UI preferences like color theme should definitely not be included in
the .pcb layout file itself.  Also consider collaborative work with
other users who might prefer different colors than you.
OK, that is your preference - but that's no reason to prohibit someone else from including color information in their layout. There just needs to be a method to quickly (i.e. 1-click) change an offensive color scheme to your preferred, in-editor, scheme.