Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb : coming up empty

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 07:14:54 -0500
"John Luciani" <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> > Loaded into pcb directly, or brought in when used as a footprint
> > attribute attached to a symbol?
> >
> > Now I can't get ANY footprint to load from the symbol.
>
> I am using gsch2pcb version 1.4
>
> Check the footprint attribute on the symbol and verifiy that the attribute
> value is the same as the footprint name (no whitespace or
> additional characters). If you accidentally entered a whitespace character
> in emacs your footprint may not load.

Sorry for me jumping in, but I remembered a situation a while ago
having the same problem also. The cause of the problem is the dashes in
the filename of the footprint. If the OP had not used multiple dashes
there would not have been a problem. After I figured out I forgot about
it and I should have filed a bug instead.

Gsch2pcb produces a garbled pcb file if there are dashes inside a
symbol filename. Attached is a sample project that does produce a
garbled pcb file (line 57) on my system. Yes, I know, electronically it
isn't a very good design :-).

Version info:

guile 1.6.7
gsch2pcb 1.5