Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

On 1/29/07, Jeremy Pedersen <ubernerd.jeremy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately space is at a premium in laser tag guns, so hopefully I can
make it work. I'm not sure I'd even want to attempt an SMT board at home.
Reflowing sounds a bit tricky.

Hand-soldering SMT isn't bad, unless its the real teensy-tiny SMT. I'd say it's easier than flipping the board over while soldering through-hole. It is harder to layout one-sided however: You can run half a dozen traces under a through-hole resistor, but only one under a SMT resistor.

p.s. This is probably as much help as you can give me until I think of
something else after reading through some of the tutorials you all provided.
One last question though: parts such as FETs tend to be sold by places like
Mouser and Digi-Key in 1000 to 4000 unit groups. If I only need a few (3-6)
MOSFETS, short of calling and asking for sample parts, what can I do?

I've never had a problem ordering onsey-twoey from those guys. What part are you having problems procuring? There are sometimes $20 minimum orders. I've never had trouble meeting those either... :)

Regards, Mark markrages@gmail -- You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one. - fortune cookie