Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

On Jan 29, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Mark Rages wrote:
Unfortunately space is at a premium in laser tag guns, so hopefully I can
make it work. I'm not sure I'd even want to attempt an SMT board at home.
Reflowing sounds a bit tricky.

Hand-soldering SMT isn't bad, unless its the real teensy-tiny SMT. I'd say it's easier than flipping the board over while soldering through-hole. It is harder to layout one-sided however: You can run half a dozen traces under a through-hole resistor, but only one under a SMT resistor.

I agree 100% here...I actually find through-hole soldering to be more difficult and tedious than SMT now. All but the very tiniest SMT parts can be soldered with a quality iron.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL