Re: gEDA-user: attributes: net and netname

I know I know the next few things are obvious....

A net is a collection of pins that should be connected with a conductor.

A net has a name.

gschem gives you all possible registered attributes when you decide to
use one. Thus if you decide to edit a net segment and attach an
attribute you can pick either net or netname.

I tend to just use the net attribute but looking at the aformentioned
reference I relize that others would be using netname for attribing (is
that a legal verb) a segment.

I think that this implies that support for both net and netname has to
continue but would it be acceptable to autoconvert either way force
segments to have netname from net, force component to have net from
netname? Maybe with a warning?

And did I get the presidence correct?

Nets from component net attrib is greater then netnames from segments
which is greater then automatic net name?

Steve Meier