Re: gEDA-user: Spice netlister

On Jan 21, 2008, at 10:43 AM, John Griessen wrote:

> John Doty wrote:
>
>>> - clean schematics are needed for LVS,
>>
>> What's LVS? Please don't assume we know your jargon.
>>
> Layout Versus Schematic checker.  EDA jargon.  Chip design jargon.
> Our jargon.

The people I work with call it "postlayout verification", and the
schematic isn't directly involved: we do it at the netlist level. I
don't see how you'd do it at the schematic level: the extracted
netlists from the layout correspond to schematics that are humanly
incomprehensible! But again, I am very far from the VLSI "mainstream".

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx