Re: gEDA-user: Bug report for renaming slots [Was: Re: gEDA on windows]

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 17:01 -0800, Joerg wrote:

> Ok, done. I hope it's acceptable that I did it without login. It called
> me "nobody" (probably I did something wrong there) but I've included my
> email address.

We prefer non-anonymous reports, but that is mainly so we can get in
touch if needed. You left your email, so its fine - although you won't
get any automatic emails from Sourceforge if the bug gets further
comments, or changes status.

> Since the file format is open in gschem it would probably be possible to
> correct this problem with some kind of nifty "find and replace" routine.
> However, I am not much of programmer, otherwise I'd do it and share.

I'm not familiar with how the various renumbering utilities work, so
I'll leave it to their respective authors rather than getting into it
too deep myself.

I've noticed through usage that gschem's internal renumbering utility
doesn't like it when I've got slotted components though - so if no-one
else looks at fixing it, I might give it an attempt.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,