Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:02:50 -0800, Joerg wrote:
>
>>> I don't know what might happen in the case where two slots had
>>> conflicting attributes. Perhaps this is something for a design rule
>>> checker to highlight.
>>>

>> The risk of running afoul in that direction is pretty low. The reason is
>> that most designers I know do it the same way I do
>
> Sometimes I make up my mind on footprints later. Anything but a single
> place to change this information is an invitation to err.

That is why I am forcing myself never to switch a package in hindsight
(which would be possible in Eagle). When I find I need to change a
footprint, for example because the chosen one turns out to be a
purchasing nightmare, I delete all those parts, check in the library
whether there is another more available one and that its attributes are
kosher, and then place it everywhere. Saves a lot of grief when the
netlist is generated.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/