Re: gEDA-user: Win32 build with native printing support (via Cairo)

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 19:21 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:40:15 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
>> * pcb complains about a missing ListlibraryContens.sh but continues
>> anyway.
>
> Yep - windows doesn't have a bash type shell - so that won't work. It is
> only used to list the "pcb-lib" M4 library contents though (and we've
> not installed M4 on Windows either).

It is impossible to add a library path on the Windows PCB build
because you have to restart, and it turns
in to dog-chasing-its-tail exercise.  It is not as simple as just
getting rid of this start-up annoyance,
as they are related.

My Windows PostScript printing patch needs applied from the Tracker to
get reliable PS output under Windows.
GhostView/GhostScript under windows are far more picky than the
Linux/Unix versions.
The patch should get more test time under Linux, to make sure nothing
broke because of it, but I know it works fine under Windows.

>> * zoom does not work in pcb -- Neither with the mouse wheel, nor with the
>> z key.

I did not note that problem with the build I did a few months ago.

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/