Re: gEDA-user: Win32 build with native printing support (via Cairo)

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 20:19 -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:

> My Windows PostScript printing patch needs applied from the Tracker to
> get reliable PS output under Windows.
> GhostView/GhostScript under windows are far more picky than the
> Linux/Unix versions.

This one?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2700352&group_id=73743&atid=538813

(Cesar.. perhaps minipack could pick this up for now).

Bob, there are various changes there - presumably to produce generally
better postcript.

I've not got a lot of time to build and perform extensive testing.. but
if you say this improves postscript output for certain viewers - and
(importantly) doesn't have any adverse impact on others, such as those
in Linux / BSD etc.., then I'll just apply it to git HEAD.

> The patch should get more test time under Linux, to make sure nothing
> broke because of it, but I know it works fine under Windows.

Ok... Sorry, I didn't see that comment until just now. If anyone wants
to confirm / deny working on Linux, then I'll push the patch..

If no-one bothers to test.. I'll push it anyway - and we can always
revert if it causes issues.