Re: gEDA-user: multiple attributes

> I'd prefer a spice-prototype attribute, which would allow us to avoid many of
>the difficulties without a confusing > >proliferation of attributes. For the
>symbol nmos-3.sym, a suitable prototype might be:

> M? #D #G #S #S $model-name L= W= AS= AD= PS= PD= M=

Yes, if we're willing to reinvent how a spice simulation is set up, this seems
like a much better approach.  The 'pinseq' attribute is obsoleted, as the
prototype defines the order of pins in the spice card.  I suspect that a simple
gnetlist backend (without hierarchy)  could be written in about 30 lines of
scheme, because the netlister hardly needs to know anything about SPICE syntax.
 It's all contained in the prototype, with a bit of variable substitution done
by the netlister.