Re: gEDA-user: PCB Patches: Use c99 bool instead of manual typedef.

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 20:31 +0200, kai-martin knaak wrote:

> Couldn't this be separated from the GL stuff?

(Probably).

> > 6. (BIG JOB): I need to figure out how to make GL / GDK build time
> > selectable. When I started the branch, I just ripped out the GDK stuff
> > and replaced with GL code. This means a large amount of work to piece
> > the two back together.
>
> ok, I see the problem. This sounds like a large amount of work. Why did you
> rip out the GDK code in the first place?

Not sure.. this code is currently on its second re-write! (Third if you
count the attempt to play with cairo). Until I'd got to this point, it
wasn't obvious how the code needed to look - so designing an interface
to make GDK and GL co-exist wasn't an easy proposition.

> > 10. Licensing details and separation of Bentley-Ottman code stolen from
> > Cairo needs to be sorted out, including (possibly) changing its
> > name-space to avoid possible conflicts.
>
> Is there a possible license conflict? I thought cairo is open source, too?

No conflict as far as I could see (that's why I chose to leverage that
existing code). However.. when I "steal" code from other projects, there
is always the question of how to munge the headers / attribute the
origin of the code etc..

>From cairo, I have in my branch:

	cairo/cairo-minimal.h \
	cairo/cairoint-minimal.h \
	cairo/cairo-bentley-ottmann.c \
	cairo/cairo-combsort-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-compiler-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-fixed-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-fixed-type-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-freelist.c \
	cairo/cairo-freelist-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-malloc-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-traps.c \
	cairo/cairo-traps-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-types-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-wideint.c \
	cairo/cairo-wideint-private.h \
	cairo/cairo-wideint-type-private.h \

I'm not sure I _want_ all of that. Some can surely be trimmed down, or
recombined. I think I've deviated far enough from the cairo code that it
isn't sensible to attempt to keep it drop-in compatible with more recent
cairo sources.

I certainly think we need to make it clear which files have been mangled
by me - if I were the cairo developers, I'd not want people to think my
modified "cairo-bentley-ottmann.c" was unmodified from their original.

> Greetings from sunny Hannover,

Sunny here too ;) (although evening now).

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,