Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb (gnetlist) generates corrupted pcb output

Thanks.

I will try that when I have time. Right now I just want to go on with the project :).

joe tarantino wrote:
   May be unrelated, but I had a problem years ago running from a (samba)
   SMB share and having the files corrupted.  One thing I recall that made
   a difference was to alter (reduce or turn off) the caching that is
   normally engaged to improve performance.  You may want to experiment
   with that.  Unfortunately, I don't recall which of the (many) config
   values I played with.
   Joe T

   On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Stefan Salewski <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 21:24 -0700, Matthew Lai wrote:
   > Fixed. Sort of.
   >
   > This is very strange.
   >
   > My files were on a SMB share (on another Linux box).
   >
   > Copied it to /tmp, didn't change anything, and both the test case and
   my
   > original board worked.
   >
   > No idea why...

     May some automatic character conversion by SMB be a problem, i.e.
     end-of-line or unicode transformation?
     You have compiled your gEDA suite yourself -- maybe there is old
     stuff/
     old libs/ old configuration files from earlier versions of gEDA
     still on
     your disk?
     Sorry, I have no better idea.