gEDA-user: Adding Auto-thermals Was:Re: Thanks a million, and few small questions for a new user

Ben Jackson wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 08:50:12PM -0700, Jesse Gordon wrote:

My goal is to make it so that instead of just highlighting a pin/via
with a golden yellow ring (meaning that it needs a thermal), instead of
that, it would just turns on the thermal.

I just added that code a few months ago (before it drew lines to the poly).
The code is not perfect, so if you added an auto-via step you should be more
careful about whether the polygon is really present (a pin can be within a
surface polygon but isolated from it).

Look for rats with the VIA flag set.

Thanks for the reply! As I'm brand new to the PCB project, I'm afraid I'll be asking a few extra questions.
Did you mean auto-thermal and THERMAL flag, or do each via and pin have a VIA flag which indicates
whether it needs a thermal?

I guess the best thing would be for me to study the code. Which file and which function would I be best
to start reading?

Also, you mention a pin can be within a surface polygon but isolated from it. What is a surface polygon
(as apposed to an ordinary polygon)?

Thanks very much,

Jesse Gordon

--