Re: gEDA-user: On integrating simulator in gschem

On Mar 16, 2010, at 4:34 PM, John Doty wrote:

On Mar 17, 2010, at 6:30 AM, Steven Michalske wrote:

On Mar 16, 2010, at 2:00 PM, John Doty wrote:

On Mar 17, 2010, at 5:54 AM, Ivan Stankovic wrote:

While we're at it, was there a consensus on using verilog-ams as the format
of choice for Al's translation system?

The format has to have a way to represent graphics.

How about embedded SVG?

The problem there is that it's physically meaningless. No distinction, for example, between nets and mere graphical lines.

Ahh, I think were on different pages. I was thinking of representing the symbols, not an interconnection layout. If it's just symbols then you need not have interconnection info.....

Though SVG can add arbitrary attributes to elements, so a line with a netname tag might do the trick, for interconnect.....
e.g.
<path d="M 100 100 L 300 100 L 200 300 z" stroke="blue" stroke- width="3" netname="this_nets_name" />

Steve