Re: gEDA-user: Odd behavior with gschem

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 07:16 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 21:11 -0400, Jim wrote:
> >
> >> I have no idea what might be interfering with the operation.  It's
> >> probably important to note that this is an OpenVZ container.  I'm
> >> going
> >> to chalk it up to something to do with that.  Sorry for the wasted
> >> bandwidth.  I'll live with it for now.
> >>

> > I'd take bets then it is OpenVZ doing something "clever" with the
> > selection, perhaps trying (in a futile attempt) to convert it to
> > something Windows would know how to interpret.
> >
> > Perhaps you can try turning off clipboard sharing (or whatever they call
> > it) between the OpenVZ container and the host OS.
> >
> I'm not aware of such a thing happening.  Openvz isn't a hypervisor and
> as such only allows Linux containers, so MS Windows isn't a
> consideration.

Ah - I thought it was something like virtual box - which might be
looking at the clipboard.

> I'm wondering if it's some sort of X deficiency since
> I'm running via ssh with X forwarding to display GUIs from a virtual system?

Are you using ssh -Y ?
Should work.

> Anyway, since the right click works, I'm happy.

Also "ec" for edit copy, "ey" for multi-copy etc..
Buffer->"Copy into 2"->5 should work, as they don't use the X
clippboard. If you fancy, edit the system-gschemrc to change the key
bindings to use those if it helps productivity.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,