Re: gEDA-user: Magnetic bike operation

What I like to use for demo-ing this is an aluminum pipe, and a very
strong magnet. I usually drop something non-magnetic first, to show
everyone that it isn't a gag. Then drop the magnet. It's fun to see
people put their hand out to catch it, and then watch them wait. You
can hear it as it falls and watch it from the top.

I've seen this done with superconducting magnets and a thick copper
pipe. There's no obvious motion. The magnet just sits at the top until
it warms up.

-CN