Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

> Inflexible wired-in behavior

... is MANDATORY if you're going to produce a tool that's usable.

That's the difference between a pcb editor and, say, inkscape.

Inkscape gives you complete flexibility, and it's absolutely useless
as a pcb layout tool.

You seem to be totally blind to the theory that you can have
inflexible wired-in behavior *and* options for flexibility through
alternate mechanisms.  We need both - they are not mutually exclusive.
We need a tool that's easy to learn and use *and* has options for
power user.  Your maniacal lobbying for "factoring" and "abstraction"
would leave us with a tool that nobody would *want* to use.