Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

> But at the core, they work all just the same.

The "core" includes the autorouters, optimizers, DRC, exporters,
reports, and even simple editing - we have a "hide vias" button.  How
does that work if you no longer have "vias" as an inherent type?

PCB has a lot of tools that know a lot about how PCBs are designed.
These tools are essential to making PCB a viable layout editor.  The
input we need at this stage is from people who design a lot of PCBs,
so we know what kinds of abstractions make sense to expose and what
kinds need to be hidden behind other data structures.

Maybe to the rendering engines they all work the same, but saying
"they all work the same" *in general* just isn't applicable here.
They don't.